This accredits that the candidate is capable of understanding daily phrases and expressions frequently used related to areas of experience which are particularly relevant to them (basic information about themself and their family, shopping, places of interest, occupations, etc.). Constating the following tests:
1. The candidate will link texts with simple statements such as rules, instructions or restaurant menus.
2. The candidate will answer selecting the correct answer to the multiple choice questions with three possible answers which will formulate from short texts.
3. The candidate will have to recognise names, words or phrases and capture the general meaning or the informative material or the instructions.
Written Expression and Interaction
The candidate will have to:
1. Fill out forms with personal information of an appropriate manner.
2. Write a letter related to their personal environment and to daily matters.
3. Write a descriptive or narrative text based on some data which will be provided in the exam.
The candidate will be given 5 tasks based on capturing general ideas of a simple statement, short radio pieces or telephone conversations, transmitted slowly and with clear articulation.
Oral Expression and Expression
The candidate will have to carry out 4 tasks. In the first two they will have to provide basic information about useful aspects and experiences of their daily life. In the 3rd task, they will participate in a short conversation and in task 4, in an informal conversation from a simulated situation.